The day has come to have worship services in our church!! However, as all of us have been hearing for the last few months, there will be a “new” normal. Currently NYS is only allowing services with a certain number for capacity (which seems to constantly change) and with social distancing accounted for. Wait till you see the new seating arrangement. This means we can only accommodate about 60 people.
The Reopening Task Force would like to highly encourage anyone that is in an at risk category, is feeling in the least bit under the weather or simply is not comfortable returning to a worship service, to stay home. We will continue to live stream the service through Facebook, so that our fellowship can still be enjoyed at home.
So for now the following procedures have been developed.
We will use the sanctuary and the Kidz Sanctuary for services, until further notice. Non-used sections of the church will be blocked off to aid in cleaning decisions.
* Entry will be via handicapped parking main sanctuary door and the Christian Education door. Masks will be required until the person is seated. Hugging and the shaking of hands is discouraged.
* Exiting will be by row through the same doors. All other doors will be locked to prevent unnecessary use.
* Upstairs and downstairs bathrooms will have “OCCUPIED”/“UNOCCUPIED” signs posted on them so we can limit usage to one person at a time. Extra hand sanitation stations will be set up throughout the church.
* Congregational attendance will be by calling the church for a reservation Tuesday thru Thursday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. To the extent possible, people not attending one week will be given preference for the following week’s service.
* Offering plates will be placed at the entrance to both sanctuaries.
* BYOB (Bring your own BIBLE) since all bibles and hymnals have been removed from the sanctuary.
We are really looking forward to seeing everyone’s smiling faces.
Your Reopening Task Force